Sunday, April 5, 2009

Science Learning Center

Here are some pictures of the Learning Center I set up for my Science Unit on Weathering and Erosion. I had 5 activities for the Learning Center with 4 students at each center, except for one group of 3. The students worked for 15 minutes at each center before rotating. Four centers were hands-on demonstrations with weathering and erosion and one center was a computer scavenger hunt with interactive models of weathering and erosion. The hands-on activities were all about observing which tied in to our previous lesson on observing pennies.
The whole process went pretty smoothly. The students were used to working in centers (which they do for Language Arts) and were pretty enthusiastic about conducting the demonstrations. I also had set up the groups for the students. I tried to balance out each group with the personalities and abilities of the students I knew. I also assigned each group a leader to keep them on task. Everything went much better than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment